Industrial, mining, transport & logistics
Why act on carbon & energy:
- Compulsory reporting under NGER
- Compulsory participation under EEO
(National Greenhouse Energy & Reporting Act)
NGER is Australia’s national reporting framework for greenhouse gas emissions and energy usage. Part of Commonwealth legislation, NGER is mandatory for certain businesses.
* Strict penalties are in place for failing to register, report, or incorrect reporting under NGER
Who is liable to report:
- Organisations emitting more than 25kT of CO2-e, or using more than 100TJ of energy from a single facility.
- Corporate level organisations emitting more than 50kT of CO2-e or using more than 200TJ of energy from a single facility.
How this affects your business
How Pangolin Associates can help
Identification of reporting requirement
Our team will conduct an initial high level assessment of your organisation. We will help you determine any reporting obligations.
National Greenhouse Energy & Reporting Act (NGER)
Pangolin’s audit team has the following accreditation:
- Registered under the Australian Government’s Clean Energy Regulator
- Registered Greenhouse and Energy Auditor (Category 1 and Category 2), under 75A of the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act 2007
We carry out assessments, verifications, assurance, and audits under the NGER act. We also set up methodology for identifying data sets required under the act.
Energy Efficiencies Opportunities (EEO)
Avoid making an error with EEO. Our team is highly skilled to guide you through the process. We provide guidance and consulting on navigating the EEO process through on site workshops and ongoing consultation.
A recent report by the Australian National Audit Office stated in 2009 – 2010, 75% of major polluters’ self-assessments contained errors. Of these, 17 percent had significant errors.
* The government uses these assessments to calculate carbon taxing owing. Read the article (SMH).
Triple Bottom line reporting or Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Many organistions in the compliance space also want to be seen to be doing the right thing. Please refer to our corporate page for more information.
Our industry experience covers many sectors of the compliance space. Examples of industries we’ve helped with mandatory reporting and due diligence include:
- Oil and Gas
- Local Government with landfills
- Beverage manufacture
- Fast food restaurants