- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions Assessment (>> full description)
- Energy Audit (>> full description)
- Carbon credits – advice and supply (>> full description)
- Carbon Neutral Events Services (>> full description)
- Measurement and Verification Services M & V (>> full description)
- Science Based Target Services (SBT) (>> full description)
- Strategic Energy and Emissions Management (SEEM) (>> full description)
- Staff Travel and Climate Change Attitudes Reports (>> full description)
- Sustainability Planning
Mandatory government schemes and voluntary programs:
- NGER (National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting) (>>full description)
- NCOS (National Carbon Offset Standard) (>> full description)
- ERF (Emissions Reduction Fund) (>> full description)
- ERF Safeguard Mechanism (>> full description)
- CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project) (>> full description)
- ACA (Airport Carbon Accreditation) (>> full description)
- NABERS (National Australian Built Environment Rating System) (>> full description)
Other carbon management services:
We comply with international and local standards.
Our GHG Assessment team identifies and calculates GHG emissions associated with your business’ activities. The final report breaks down your carbon footprint against industry benchmarking. It also contains key performance indicators critical for further GHG reporting and tracking.
We can help you offset your business’ carbon footprint. We recommend carbon credits that comply with strict global standards.
Transparent retirement of carbon credits
We ensure all credits retired on the registry have a publicly visible reference to our clients. We also provide a certificate indicating the abatement. Transparency is imperative, but unfortunately often not the case in the industry.
Your event can be carbon neutral or certified carbon neutral under the National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS). Both processes start with a calculation of the event’s carbon footprint, followed by offsetting emissions through carbon credits.
Our Certified Measurement and Verification Professionals (CMVP) give assurance that facility upgrades or equipment purchases work efficiently. Importantly, it is a valid methodology under initiatives such as the Emissions Reduction Fund and the NSW Energy Efficiency Scheme.
We help organisations identify a carbon reduction target that is consistent with climate science and the agreement of Paris 2015. This changes the discussion from “What can we do?” to “What do we have to do?” We take you though the essential steps for establishing a science-based target, including:
- Assessing the business case for an SBT,
- Choosing an appropriate methodology,
- Setting a baseline,
- Calculating the target,
- Advising on how to gain the internal buy-in required to achieve your goals, as well as communicating and implementing these effectively.
SEEM allows you to project energy and greenhouse gas emissions into the future. This may be 5, 10 or 20 years, or until a specific year. You can now overlay policy and technological scenarios, forecast the impact and accurately create a strategic roadmap.
As well as determining your future emissions, we use a Marginal Abatement Cost Curve to understand the most cost effective way to reduce your impact.
Our online Staff Travel Survey and optional Climate Change AttitudesSurvey find out how your employees travel to and from work, and the emissions they generate.
Your staff is crucial for reducing future carbon emissions and increasing your energy efficiencies. These surveys help shape programs relevant to your team and tailored to your sustainability goals.
- See more on getting employee input: travel emissions and climate change attitudes reports
- Back to top
Today sustainability plans are part of best practice management. We work closely with you and your staff to implement a comprehensive system. Sustainability Planning includes:
- Reviewing sustainability actions you have undertaken to date,
- Ensuring your future goals align with your budget,
- Building a framework for future environmental management,
- Developing a sustainability roadmap.
The roadmap contains emissions reporting structures and KPIs, planned services and actions, timelines and estimated outcomes. Expect a comprehensive plan conducted, explained and reported in easy to understand terms.
The National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act 2007 (NGER Act) is Australia’s reporting mechanism for the greenhouse gas emissions and energy consumption of corporations.
We have worked with a wide range of clients obligated to report under the NGER Act, including mining, transport, hospitals and local government. Our services include NGER methodology, NGER reporting assessments, verifications and assurance, and more.
We help organisations attain certification under the National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS). This is the only government endorsed carbon neutral certification in Australia.
We take you though the essential steps for NCOS, including: measuring your footprint, putting an Emissions Management Plan (EMP) in place, and offsetting what you cannot reduce. Regulations for achieving carbon neutrality are stringent.
The Australian Government’s funding for new greenhouse gas reduction and energy efficiency projects falls under the Emission Reduction Fund (ERF). Our ERF services range from new project applications to mandatory audits as required for funding.
This is the Emissions Reduction Fund safeguard for large emitters.
Our NGER registered auditors provide Safeguard Mechanism services as part of the Australian Government’s Emissions Reduction Fund. The mechanism makes certain government-purchased emissions reductions, or successful ERF auction projects, are not offset by higher than business-as usual levels.
The not for profit CDP (formerly known as the Carbon Disclosure Project) is the most comprehensive global source of corporate climate change data. We provide comprehensive carbon footprint reports (Greenhouse Gas Assessments) that align with CDP requirements. We also provide third party verification services.
Pangolin Associates is the first accredited verifier for the Airport Carbon Accreditation (ACA) in Australia. We assist airports nationally and overseas to achieve any or all levels of this accreditation.
Our accredited NABERS assessor can perform a rating of your building’s energy efficiency, water usage, waste management, and the quality of your office’s indoor environment.
We provide carbon accounting software, CarbonView, to help streamline your business processes. Acresta’s CarbonView is a powerful system benefitting all sizes of organisations.
We work with our partner, Acresta, developer of GridAnalytics energy monitoring platform, to help you understand and optimise your energy consumption. Our team provides and installs energy meters at your site. This interfaces with the GridAnalytics interactive dashboard.