Energy efficiency grants
If you are an energy intensive organisation in South Australia, you may be eligible for a State Government grant, the SAEPP. This initiative requires independent expertise. We can help. Our energy auditors provide Level 2 Energy Audits, a condition of the grant program. We can also assist with equipment and implementation services.
About the grants
Announced in December 2016, the SAEPP has dedicated funds for efficiency projects designed to reduce energy usage and energy costs. This applies specifically to energy intensive businesses.
How SAEPP works:
There are two parts to the program.
- Energy Productivity Audit Grant Program
- Energy Productivity Implementation Program
Audit grants to 75% of cost
Grants cover 75% of a Level 2 energy audit, to the value of $15,000.
Energy auditors must be qualified to provide an audit to this level – now referred to as ‘Type 2’ under AS / NZS 3598:2014. See Pangolin auditors’ accreditations.
Audit funding conditions also include:
- Energy consumption of 160MWH per annum, or higher,
- A plan to implement energy efficiency strategies within two years.
Energy efficiency implementation
SAEPP may also fund the implementation of audit recommendations. Eligible energy efficiency projects include:
- Buying capital equipment,
- Purchasing related software,
- Contracting third party expertise to upgrade existing systems.
- Energy Audit applications close 31 May 2017
- Energy efficiency implementation applications close 31 May 2018
Clients with energy grants
Several of our clients have benefited from energy grants previously available. Take a look at their case studies: