Why undertake a carbon footprint
- Meet compliance requirements such as NGER
- Meet industry expectation such as the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Meet supply chain or tender demands
- Measure your footprint so you can effectively manage it
- Set targets for reduction, or a path to carbon neutrality
Pangolin GHG Assessments – what to expect
Our audit team identifies and calculates GHG emissions associated with your business’ activities. The final report breaks down your carbon footprint against industry benchmarking. It also contains key performance indicators critical for further greenhouse gas reporting and tracking. As part of the report we also conduct an Employee Commute Survey identifying the emissions your staff generates travelling to and from work.
Our greenhouse gas reports rigourously comply with international standards and Australian regulations:
- GHG Protocol’s Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standards
- ISO 14064-1 and -3 Greenhouse Gases
- NGER (National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting act)
- NCOS (National Carbon Offset Standard) – the standard for certified carbon neutrality
For product carbon footprinting:
- ISO 14040 Life Cycle Assessments (LCA)
- PAS 2050:2011 Life Cycle Assessments (LCA)
- GHG Protocol Product Life Cycle Accounting and Reporting Standard
We also assist with the Emissions and Energy Reporting System (EERS), for government program reporting (Australian Government Clean Energy Regulator).
Compliance obligations under NGER
NGER is Australia’s national reporting framework for greenhouse gas emissions and energy usage. Part of Commonwealth legislation, NGER is mandatory for certain businesses.
* Strict penalties are in place for failing to register, report, or incorrect reporting under NGER.
Who is liable to report:
Organisations emitting more than 25kT of CO2-e, or using more than 100TJ of energy from a single facility.
Corporate level organisations emitting more than 50kT of CO2-e or using more than 200TJ of energy from a single facility.