We have helped numerous Australian organisations attain carbon neutral certification under the National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS). This is the only Australian Government endorsed carbon neutral certification in Australia.
- Your NCOS application
- Carbon neutrality – the basics
- Why choose Pangolin Associates?
- Ask our clients
Which organisations are certified carbon neutral?
See a list of all certified carbon neutral companies in Australia, including a number Pangolin clients.
Read an NCOS success story
Talk to us about the technical aspects of your NCOS application. We will take you through the essential steps:
- Measure your footprint. Know how much and what you need to reduce. Talk to us about a Greenhouse Gas Assessment and an Energy Audit.
- Reduce your emissions. Put an Emissions Management Plan (EMP) in place. We provide detailed recommendations for reducing your impact on the environment.
- Offset emissions you cannot reduce. We purchase and retire certified carbon credits on your behalf.
- Verify your documentation. If you have already achieved the above, we can independently verify your NCOS documentation.
NCOS regulations are stringent. It is important to understand the requirements before developing your carbon neutrality plan. Talk to us for more information.
What you need to achieve
You can apply for carbon neutral certification under NCOS when your organisation’s net emissions are zero. Achieving carbon neutrality is a combination of measuring, reducing, and offsetting emissions.
Certifying just part of your business
All or a part of your business may become carbon neutral under the National Carbon Offset Standard, e.g. business operations, specific products or services.
Applications for certification under NCOS involves:
- Measuring your carbon footprint
- Undertaking an Emissions Management Plan (EMP)
- Offsetting emissions you cannot eliminate through NCOS approved carbon credits
- Preparing a Public Disclosure Summary
- Verification of the above
- Submitting the application and fees
Third party verifications
The entity that undertakes step 5 above must be independent from the other points. Read more (Government of Australia website).
You can use the NCOS logo under license once certified carbon neutral. There are strict guidelines for use.
Carbon neutral certification is valid for a 5-year period. See more on maintaining certification (Government of Australia website).
Our auditors are registered under the Clean Energy Regulator’s National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act (NGER). This meets strict NCOS verification requirements.
Range of experience
We have worked with a range of organisations in Australia seeking carbon neutral certification: from ASX listed to smaller service-based companies, including manufacturers and local government.
Our services and carbon neutrality
- Greenhouse Gas Assessment (carbon footprint). Read about our comprehensive assessments.
- Verifications for Greenhouse Gas Assessments, Emissions Management Plans (EMPs) and Public Disclosure Summaries. We provide NCOS verifications. Alternatively, if we have done the work for you, another party will easily verify our reports. Our auditors are NGER registered (National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act).
- Purchase and retirement of certified carbon credits. We are one of the few carbon management providers with transparent and highly visible carbon offsetting practices.
Need more information?
We are happy to provide references on request. Contact us for a free consultation on certified carbon neutrality (or carbon neutral certification) and how it affects your business.
Carbon neutral client Leichhardt Municipal Council says…
Pangolin Associates was great to work with and helped Leichhardt meet all of the requirements of the NCOS Carbon Neutral Certification program. Their experience was invaluable to us as there were very few examples of carbon neutral councils to reference. Council needed a qualified and experienced consultant to help Council meet its goal of being Carbon Neutral by 2012.
Team Leader Environmental Strategy, Leichhardt Council
For more on our clients, see: