Useful sustainability links for Australian businesses.
- Links: sustainability, carbon reduction and climate change
- eBooks & white papers (free downloads)
- Videos & audio – climate science and sustainability
*Find terms and definitions on this website. Go to the Carbon Glossary.
- 2015-2016 National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER) data. Greenhouse and energy information by registered corporation.
- Climate Council
Independent information about climate change in Australia.
- Australian Government Department of the Environment and Energy
Administers the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act (NGER), and the National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS).
- Federal government climate change and carbon offsets
Climate change: carbon offset initiatives and standards.
- National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act 2007 (the NGER Act)
Information on meeting a reporting threshold for greenhouse gases or energy use.
- Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD)
Provides mandatory energy reporting obligations for large office buildings.
- Verified Carbon Standard (VCS)
Global standards for carbon offset projects.
- APX VCS Registry
A platform for issuing, tracking and retiring Verified Carbon Units (VCUs), or carbon credits.
- Markit Registry
A registry for managing environmental assets, including Verified Carbon Units (VCUs), or carbon credits.
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol
Accounting tool to measure greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
Green marketing and the Australian Consumer Law. Published March 2011.
- Annual Climate Statement 2015
Issued 6 January, 2016, Australian Government, Bureau of Meteorology
- UNEP and SETAC Life Cycle Initiative
Information about the LCI: environmental, social and economic impact of a product over its life cycle.
- Science Based Targets
Sign up encouraging businesses to set greenhouse gas emission reduction targets in line with climate science.
- Lighting Council of Australia: An independent guide to choosing LED products and suppliers (PDF, 565 Kb)
- David Spratt, Climate Action Centre: 4 degrees hotter (Feb 2011, PDF, 564 Kb)
- Amory Lovins, Natural Capitalism
- United Nations, Kick the Habit: UN guide to climate neutrality
- Jon Dee, Energy Cut: The 20 Step Guide to Cutting Energy Bills in Your Business (PDF)
- Australian Academy of Science, The Science of Climate Change, Questions and Answers, 2010 (PDF, 2 Mb). A plain english guide to climate change: its implications, areas of confusion, certainties and uncertainties.