Useful Sustainability Sources
Sustainability, carbon reduction and climate change
- 2015-2016 National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER) data: Greenhouse and energy information by registered corporation.
- Climate Council: Independent information about climate change in Australia.
- NABERS Annual Report 2017/18: National Australian Built Environment Rating System.
- Australian Government Department of the Environment and Energy: Administers the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act (NGER), and Climate Active (formerly the National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS)).
- Federal government climate change and carbon offsets: Climate change: carbon offset initiatives and standards.
- National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act 2007 (the NGER Act): Information on meeting a reporting threshold for greenhouse gases or energy use.
- Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD): Provides mandatory energy reporting obligations for large office buildings.
- Verified Carbon Standard (VCS): Global standards for carbon offset projects.
- APX VCS Registry: A platform for issuing, tracking and retiring Verified Carbon Units (VCUs), or carbon credits.
- Markit Registry: A registry for managing environmental assets, including Verified Carbon Units (VCUs), or carbon credits.
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol: Accounting tool to measure greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC): Green marketing and the Australian Consumer Law. Published March 2011.
- Annual Climate Statement 2015: Issued 6 January, 2016, Australian Government, Bureau of Meteorology
- UNEP and SETAC Life Cycle Initiative:
Information about the LCI: environmental, social and economic impact of a product over its life cycle.
- Science Based Targets:
Sign up encouraging businesses to set greenhouse gas emission reduction targets in line with climate science.
eBooks & white papers
- Lighting Council of Australia: An independent guide to choosing LED products and suppliers (PDF, 565 Kb)
- Australian Academy of Science, The Science of Climate Change, Questions and Answers, 2010 (PDF, 2 Mb). A plain english guide to climate change: its implications, areas of confusion, certainties and uncertainties.