A carbon footprint of your commercial activities
Pangolin GHG Assessments – what to expect
Our audit team identifies and calculates GHG emissions associated with your business’ activities. The final report breaks down your carbon footprint against industry benchmarking. It also contains key performance indicators critical for further greenhouse gas reporting and tracking.
As part of the report we also conduct an Employee Commute Survey identifying the emissions your staff generates travelling to and from work.
Why undertake a footprint?
- To meet compliance requirements such as NGER.
- To meet industry expectation such as the CDP (formerly known as the Carbon Disclosure Project).
- For supply chain or tender requirements.
- For accurate measurement and management of your own greenhouse gas emissions.
- To set targets for reduction, or a path to carbon neutrality
We comply with international standards and Australian regulations.
- GHG Protocol’s Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standards
- ISO 14064-1 and -3 Greenhouse Gases
- NGER (National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting act)
- Climate Active (formerly NCOS (National Carbon Offset Standard)) – the standard for certified carbon neutrality
For product carbon footprints:
- ISO 14040 Life Cycle Assessments (LCA)
- PAS 2050:2011 Life Cycle Assessments (LCA)
- GHG Protocol Product Life Cycle Accounting and Reporting Standard
We also assist with the Emissions and Energy Reporting System (EERS), for government program reporting (Australian Government Clean Energy Regulator).
Compliance obligations under NGER
NGER is Australia’s national reporting framework for greenhouse gas emissions and energy usage. Part of Commonwealth legislation, NGER is mandatory for certain businesses. * Strict penalties are in place for failing to register, report, or incorrect reporting under NGER.
Who is liable to report:
Organisations emitting more than 25kT of CO2-e, or using more than 100TJ of energy from a single facility. Or, corporate level organisations emitting more than 50kT of CO2-e or using more than 200TJ of energy from a single facility.
Are you reporting on energy and emissions? Our Registered Greenhouse & Energy Auditors help you prepare your report, or provide verification and assurance.
Climate Active (formerly the National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS)) is genuine assurance for your clients, stakeholders, and supply chain that yours is a net zero carbon business.
Become a climate change leader. Find out how much carbon your organisation can emit responsibly to keep temperature rise below 2° celsius, and act.