Carbon Neutrality & Climate Active
The Australian Government certification
We have helped numerous Australian organisations attain carbon neutral certification under the Climate Active program (formerly the National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS)). This is the only Australian Government endorsed carbon neutral certification.
Your approach to certification is up to you. You may certify your entire organisation, your building or your precinct. Many of our clients take a staged approach, certifying products, services, or events. Pangolin has five registered consultants for Climate Active Certifications across four categories.
Many more on board as of early 2020
There is a rapidly growing interest, and an increasing sense of urgency in carbon neutrality under the Australian Government-recognised certification. As of February 2020 there are 138 certifications across 91 entities. This is a 70% increase in 12 months. Here is more information:
- See the list of certified carbon neutral organisations under Climate Active, well over 50% of them are Pangolin clients.
- Contact us for our plain English guide to carbon credits and carbon neutrality.
- Your Climate Active application
- Carbon neutrality – the basics
- Why choose Pangolin Associates?
- Ask our clients!
- Read Climate Active success stories – our case studies: Frasers Property Australia, Ross Hill Wine Group, Orange NSW, With Architecture Studio, Perth WA.
Talk to us about the technical aspects of your Climate Active application. We will take you through the essential steps:
- Measure your footprint. Know how much and what you need to reduce. Talk to us about a Greenhouse Gas Assessment and an Energy Audit.
- Reduce your emissions. Put an Emissions Management Plan (EMP) in place. We provide detailed recommendations for reducing your impact on the environment.
- Offset emissions you cannot reduce. We purchase and retire certified carbon credits on your behalf.
- Verify your documentation. If you have already achieved the above, we can independently verify your Climate Active documentation.
Climate Active regulations are stringent. It is important to understand the requirements before developing your carbon neutrality plan. Talk to us for more information.
Becoming a net zero carbon business, here’s how
You can apply for carbon neutral certification under Climate Active when your organisation’s net emissions are zero. Achieving carbon neutrality is a combination of measuring, reducing, and offsetting emissions.
Certifying just part of your business
All or a part of your business may become carbon neutral under the Climate Active program, e.g. business operations, specific products or services, or an event. Applications for certification under Climate Active involves:
- Measuring your carbon footprint
- Preparing a Public Disclosure Summary including an emissions reduction strategy
- Offsetting emissions you cannot eliminate through Climate Active approved carbon credits
- Verification of the above
- Submitting the application and fees
Third party verifications
The entity that undertakes step 5 above must be independent from the other points.
You can use the Climate Active logo under license once certified carbon neutral.
There are strict guidelines for use. Carbon neutral certification is valid for a 5-year period. See more on certification and using the Climate Active trademark.
Our auditors are registered under the Clean Energy Regulator’s National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act (NGER). This meets strict Climate Active verification requirements. We have five registered consultants at Pangolin Associates for Climate Active Certifications across four categories. Also see our compliance and accreditations.
Range of experience
We have worked with a range of organisations in Australia seeking carbon neutral certification: from ASX listed to smaller service-based companies, including manufacturers and local government. We can provide:
- Greenhouse Gas Assessments (carbon footprints). Read about our comprehensive assessments.
- Verifications for Greenhouse Gas Assessments, Emissions Management Plans (EMPs) and Public Disclosure Summaries. We provide Climate Active (formerly NCOS) verifications. Alternatively, if we have done the work for you, another party will easily verify our reports. Our auditors are NGER registered (National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act).
- Purchase and retirement of certified carbon credits. We are one of the few carbon management providers with transparent and highly visible carbon offsetting practices.
Need more information? To simplify the steps, request our free Climate Active Process Guide.
We are happy to provide references. Contact us for a free consultation on Climate Active.
Frasers Property Australia: Pangolin Associates was incredibly helpful in guiding us as we navigated the complexities of achieving carbon neutrality for the first time. The team was knowledgeable, patient and had established relationships with all other relevant parties and organisations, including with the Department of the Environment and Energy. I would feel very comfortable to recommend them, and we are already looking at ways to work with them further! Olivia Leal-Walker, Sustainability Coordinator, Frasers Property Australia – Read the Frasers Property case study.
Ross Hill Wine Group: Ross Hill has become the first and only certified carbon neutral winery in Australia. This has been achieved by the hard work and experience from the team at Pangolin Associates. To become carbon neutral has been a goal for the Robson Family for a long time, our philosophy is to basically have as small a footprint on the earth as possible. With a 38KW solar panel and then energy reduction strategies we have been able to achieve our goal. It would not have been possible with out Pangolin who have been very passionate and diligent in their advice and also steering us through the regulations of becoming carbon neutral. James Robson, Owner, Ross Hill Wines – Read the Ross Hill case study.
Find Federal Government Climate Active case studies:
- City of Sydney
- GPT Group, Australia.
- And us, Pangolin Associates – we’re also Climate Active certified.
Hold a sustainable event. Make it carbon neutral, or go all the way - certify it against NCOS. It might be an easy first step towards a carbon neutral product or operations.
We match the right projects for your business and budget. We’ll manage the entire process for you, transparently. Measure, reduce, then offset with carbon credits.
More and more businesses are aligning carbon offsetting choices with their business practices. See a few projects our customers support through Pangolin’s carbon credit services.