Climate Solutions Fund – Emissions Reduction Fund
Helping organisations adopt low carbon practices and technologies
The Australian Government supports new greenhouse gas reduction and energy efficiency projects through the Climate Solutions Fund – Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF).
As well as providing an income, an approved Climate Solutions Fund project creates carbon credits (ACCUs).
How the Climate Solutions Fund (ERF) scheme works:
There is $2.55 billion in Government funding available for approved projects through the scheme which involves a reverse auction. * Find the next auction dates below.
The fund focuses on 3 elements:
- Crediting emissions reductions,
- Purchasing emissions reductions through a reverse auction,
- Safeguarding emissions reductions.
How Pangolin can assist with Climate Solutions Fund (ERF) projects
We assist with new project applications, as well as the specific requirements once approved.
- We help prepare new project auction bid submissions. Usually this involves a comprehensive Energy Audit and / or Greenhouse Gas Assessment (carbon footprint).
- Pangolin auditors prepare annual measurement and verification (M & V) analysis to calculate savings and emissions reductions. This is necessary to ensure you meet the fund’s obligations.
- We provide mandatory audit services, often part of a contractual agreement, or as specified by the Clean Energy Regulator, the entity overseeing administrative Climate Solutions Fund (ERF) tasks. NGER registered auditors must conduct mandatory audits.
- We also assist with the Safeguard Mechanism for organisations emitting more than 100,000 tonnes per annum.
Carbon Farming Initiative (CFI) services under the Climate Solutions Fund
The fund incorporates abatement projects such as the Carbon Farming Initiative (CFI). Pangolin works with landowners and project owners across Australia supplying auditing and assurance services for CFI abatement certification.
Along with existing Carbon Farming Initiatives, other approved projects include:
- Commercial buildings,
- Alternative waste treatment,
- Landfill gas,
- Transport (land, sea and aviation),
- Coal mine waste gas,
- Avoided clearing of native regrowth.
- Register your new project with the Clean Energy Regulator’
- Provide an emissions abatement estimate for the coming 7 years’
- Register for an auction.
For successful bids:
- Proceed with your approved project and report as required,
- Provide carbon abatement as per the agreed timeline.
Your organisation will receive reimbursement from the Clean Energy Regulator. Talk to us about your project.
Find information on forms and resources (Clean Energy Regulator)
Forms and resource information is available on the Clean Energy Regulator’s website. Find information on applications, auctions and contracts, reporting and auditing, and more.
Are you reporting on energy and emissions? Our Registered Greenhouse & Energy Auditors help you prepare your report, or provide verification and assurance.
Measure then act. Our GHG Assessments calculate your emissions in detail. We’ll provide a comprehensive report and help you reach your targets, or meet liabilities.
Ensure that purchased emissions reductions, or successful ERF auction projects, are not offset by higher than business-as-usual levels. Stay within baseline levels.
Next Climate Solutions Fund auction is coming
- Submit your auction qualification application by 11:59 pm (AEDT) Tuesday 22 February 2023.. Please check back with us for more information, or go to the CER website.